Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tribute to an old passion

I've always had this unknown passion for the Desert. I have no idea what triggered it or when it has actually happened. Was it caused by Carl May's description of the Saharian adventures? Was Dune the reason? I don't know. What I know is that seeing images of the desert realxes me, it puts this smile on my face, the one you have when you remeber extraordinary and pleasent events from your past. Maybe it was an experience from another life. Maybe it's me being a Fire star-sign, therefore triggered by the heat of the desert, the sometimes reddish nuances...Regardless of the reason, here is a small tribute in images to this unexplained passion of mine. I have never seen any desert in real life, but I do hope to experience it first hand.







4 comments:

MoonLightShadow said...

I have the same passion for the desert.. Have been to the Western desert in Egypt couple of times before.. and it was a very relaxing experience.. yes, there is something about the desert.. may be it's the feeling of being in the middle of nowhere, in a very pure place.. no pollution, everything is just perfect.

Nice pictures for the desert Kayla :)

Alina said...

Middle on nowhere, centre of the world, no pollution, lots of danger, you only depend on you sometimes, it's quite a mix of things to wonder about when you have the desert in mind.

Glad I can share this passion with someone!

xnem said...

Me encanta el desierto! Soy un amante de los desiertos. Paz, tranquilidad, silencio y sobre todo mucha vida.

Alina said...

Glad there's someone who shares my passion.