Thursday, December 22, 2005

The first real snow

Last night, while getting out of my building to get inside the cab that would take me to work, I was surprised to see it had started snowing! It kept snowing the whole night and then in the morning and these are some of the results:
I am hardly a winter person, I am terrified of cold, but I can't help loving snow.
The trees are full of snow and they don't look that depressing without leaves anymore.
What more could one ask to have a perfect scenery? A horse sleigh ride? Most surely!

5 comments:

Me said...

I've never seen snow in my life Kayla... but my parents have.. when they were in the US ... and they loved it!!

Looks very picturesque... especially the second photo ...

Alina said...

Me, maybe you caome visit me once so you have the chance to see the snow :)

m0tasim said...

the mere sight of snow makes me feel the shivers down my spine..
maybe we arabs were born to live 'away' from the snow..
theres nothing like the desert in winters.. u MUST try it kayla.
maybe i'd post some pictures of it sometime...
nice pictures there, but u should try to catch the horizon in your pictures.. shows the real details!

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic images of snow-laden trees and road. Although there is no snow in my country, by looking at the pictures I could feel as if I am walking on the road filled with snow.

I remember a quote from Albert Camus that says, “In the midst winter I suddenly found in me an invincible summer…”.

Alina said...

Motasim, will try to experience that! As for horizons, in Bucharest that means just more buildings most of the time.

Danny, actually I had read that quote before, but had forgotten about it untill now! Thanks for reminding me of it!