Monday, April 23, 2007

Tulips' Symphony - Pitesti

Bratianu high-school from across the street.
Bratianu High-School.
Photographing the photographer who was taking photos of flowers :P
The Art Gallery.
An interesting mix of tulips and painted rocks.
The Town Hall.
Ryan, Olive, Silviana and Cristinica.
Black tulips. Memories from my childhood. Pleasant ones.
Lil Bro playing it cool for a photo.
Ryan and Olive.
The statue of Nicolae Balcescu. We figured out because we recognized the face, as we could not understand the writing.
Tulips...Not my favorites, but I simply loved them this time.
The appeal court. Iulia (Olive) and Theo (Ryan) getting ready to take more photos.
Cris and Silviana, walking carelessly.
The County Library.
Photographing the photographer again.

Bored and sleepy. Selling pottery.
Cristinica had found a t-shirt she really wanted.
Antiques. I have no idea if genuine or not.

Artisans displaying their goods. This one is a bit bored.
Anyone need refreshing?
Waiting...
Tulips, the leading flower of the fair.
A horoscope themed fountain.
And a miniature river.
A restaurant in the shape of a boat. I've been told they have really tasty food here.
If you fell in love with the flowers, you could buy some to plant at home.
Flowers and light combined. I do love callas, especially white ones.

These flowers do indeed look like the heads of birds.

Flowers and light bulbs.
A miniature garden


And of course, roses of all colors...Just for me :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that I have seen your pictures is like I went there myself too, so my curiosity is satisfied, as I have never been to Pitesti before. :) I like Pitesti's buildings mainly the Town Hall and the Art Gallery.
They really did a great job in arranging the flowers. Loved those roses. :)

Cristina Vintila said...

Finally managed to read your blog. Of course I've jumped on the Tulips' Symphony post :D The most wonderful day in ...days. A good break of all my life, fresh air, happy spirits, flowers, ROSES, my friends, my old high-school, happy moments far from job and from...everybody :). You're za best, 'mom'. Sorry for not being able to come to Greece avec toi, let me finish faculty, then you'll never get me off your head :P

PS: _we_ want pictures from Greece ;;)

Alina said...

Trisi, maybe we get to go there next time :P So you could take better photos with your new cool camera :P

Cristinica, I am glad you had such a great time! And yes, you will be seeing photos from Greece :)

JaamZIN said...

I like your blog with these lot of wonderful photos!:) great job!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Zsolt!